Process & Product Testing
ALS Environmental provides process/product testing and quality control testing for many of our industrial clients.
Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical Industries
ALS Environmental is FDA-registered and passed a 2007 FDA comprehensive quality systems and data audit with no findings. The following services are provided to the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries: monograph testing, process validation and engineering studies, analytical support for stability testing, and method development and validation.
Pulp and Paper Industries
Over the years, ALS Environmental has been committed to providing many process tests and product quality tests for the pulp and paper industry.
Process Tests and Product Quality:
- FDA extractions: Conditions A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H
- Dairyman's Standards for Total Bacteria and Total Coliform Bacteria
- Emissions chambers: volatile organics, sulfur speciation, odor identification, product emission studies, air treatment studies
- Wet strength components: acetaldehyde, formaldehyde
- RPTA protocol testing: FDA extractions; volatile organics, metals, semivolatile organics; PCBs, organochlorine pesticides, dioxin, and bacteria
- Migration studies: FDA solvents and extractions
- Carbonless paper: Diisononyl phthalate (DINP)
- Proposition 65 components
- Microwave and heated packaging emissions: acrylonitrile, benzene, carbon tetrachloride, chloroform, 1,2-dichloroethane; 1,4-dioxane, epichlorohydrin, ethyl acetate, methylene chloride
- Coating monomers: acrylamide, ethyl acetate, vinyl acetate
- Phthalate esters
ALS Environmental has worked for a number of large electronics companies to meet their specific process and quality systems needs. Testing required under RoHS/WEEE and REACH requirements for both importing and exporting products to various countries is performed.
ALS Environmental conducts specialized off-gassing studies using small-scale chambers both open and closed to the environment. While in these chambers, materials may be subjected to controlled conditions such as temperature and relative humidity. Any off-gassing volatile or odorous compounds may then be collected and analyzed. Each off-gassing study is customized to the client's requirements and material specifications. This is very important as not all materials are created equal and will off-gas different components at varying conditions. The goal is to bring field conditions into the laboratory and duplicate them.