Simi Valley Laboratory
New 3-part Chinese drywall test available!
ALS Environmental's Simi Valley, California, laboratory is a nationally recognized, 22,000 square foot air testing laboratory specializing in the analysis of ambient and indoor air pollution, stationary source emissions, process gas, and industrial hygiene samples. The laboratory has performed testing on projects for clients in all 50 United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, and several other countries. In addition, Simi Valley has provided analytical support to colleges and universities located throughout the United States. Our Simi Valley laboratory is accredited by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) as well as the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP).
Our Simi Valley laboratory provides analytical support for routine applications such as ambient air, remediation, landfills, soil vapor extraction (SVE), site characterization, source emissions testing, indoor air quality, waste water, treatment plants, fence-line ambient and residential monitoring, and government projects (AFCEE, ACOE, Navy).
Routine air tests performed by the laboratory include:
- EPA TO-15: analysis of speciated volatile organic compounds in canisters
- EPA TO-17: analysis of speciated volatile organic compounds in solid adsorbent media
- ASTM D5504: analysis of speciated reduced sulfur compounds
- EPA Method 25C: analysis of methane & total gaseous non-methane organic compounds (as methane/hexane) in landfill gas
- EPA Method 3C (mod.): analysis of atmospheric (fixed) gases
- EPA TO-11A: analysis of carbonyl compounds (e.g. formaldehyde) sampled with DNPH-coated media
- EPA TO-13A: analysis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) collected using high or low volume polyurethane foam and XAD resin (PUF/XAD)
- EPA TO-4A/TO-10A: analysis of organochlorine pesticides, PCB arochlors, and/or other semi-volatile compounds collected using high volume and low volume polyurethane foam (PUF) or PUF/XAD traps and modified Method 5 sampling trains
- ASTM 3588: determination of BTU heat content
The laboratory maintains an inventory of over 4,000 pre-cleaned passivated stainless steel canisters of various sizes, low volume flow controllers and critical orifice assemblies, analog vacuum gauges, and a wide assortment of solid sampling media.
In addition to routine air testing, ALS Environmental's Simi Valley laboratory performs a wide variety of specialized tests including the low level analysis of odorous compounds; compliance testing for the pulp and paper industry (e.g. NCASI 99.02); measurement of thermal decomposition products from aviation and hydraulic fluids for the aerospace industry; and material off-gas testing of building materials and commercial and consumer products. The air laboratory maintains a separate off-site extraction laboratory. Utilizing a separate extraction facility minimizes the use of volatile solvents and other chemicals at the analytical laboratory, thereby enabling the laboratory to achieve low parts per billion or parts per trillion detection of volatile organic compounds in a contaminant-free environment.
As part of the expansion of the Simi Valley laboratory, analytical capabilities have been added for a limited number of analytical procedures for soil and water samples, primarily volatile organics and general wet chemistry methods.
2655 Park Center Drive, Ste. A
Simi Valley, California 93065
View Driving Directions
Sample Receiving Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
Saturday: 8am - 12pm
*Please contact us for requests outside of these hours
*Courier service available upon request
Kelly Horiuchi, Laboratory and Project Manager
Kate Aguilera, Project Manager
Sue Anderson, Project Chemist
ALS Environmental's Simi Valley laboratory has been awarded the ACIL Seal of Excellence with recognition for proficiency testing.